Alfons-Walter der Delfin (Dolphin)
This is what a happy dolphin looks like!
Alfons-Walter is one very happy dolphin .... look at that grin! He easily fits within our small puppet theatres or in a home made "hole in a cardboard box" version. You only need one hand to operate the mouth and bring him alive. Alfons-Walter can tell jokes, comfort a troubled child, make surprise performances or read a story.
Parents and Children
Here is a reason to put screens down! Puppetry brings stoy-telling to life. The bedtime story becomes something to look forward to ... sometimes just hard to stop! Puppets inspire creativity, performance, imagination and fun. They're can become critical companions for children who need more than a "stuffed toy". Puppets can also help parents maintain communication with children struggling with anxiety, trauma or sadness ... try asking "Could Buddy tell me how you're feeling?"
Educators and Health Professionals
Living Puppets are successfully used to communicate with a variety of people where direct, face-to-face conversation is not effective. A puppet can reduce the fear of confiding because the puppet will not express judgement. A professional can use the puppet to raise difficult matters, or a patient can use the puppet to express how they're feeling. Puppets introduce an irrisitable fun into a conversation and can break patterns of behaviour and negative thought responses. This works well with human characters as well as our animal puppets. Our clients include educators, speech pathologists, psychologists, aged care workers, OTs, librarians, dentists, nurses, church leaders and more.
- Educational and just plain fun!
- No packaging ... so no waste
- Suitable for use at home, storytelling with the kids
- Suitable for use by professionals in healthcare and education
- Safety standards : 3 yrs+ (AS/NZS ISO 8124.1:2023)
- What about 0-3 yrs : Only if supervised play
- Target age : 2-18 yrs (ideal developmental target)
- 30 cm long (toy approx.)
- 200 grams (in packaging approx.)
- Predominantly mixed polymer fabrics
- Keep clean by wiping it with a slightly damp cloth
- Spot clean using a mild clothes detergent
- Sponge rinse then dab dry
- Can be machined washed (instructions on tag)
- Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight
- Keep away from any direct heat sources
Don't be shy! Make an appointment with Geppetto's Workshop expert staff who can provide you some basic training in the operation of your puppet. You'll be amazed how quickly you become proficient and how powerful puppetry can be.