We're able to offer a refund on items returned within 30 days from the date of sale under certain conditions which include but are not limited to the following:
- The returned item being in completely unused and in unmarked condition with tags, labels and packaging untouched;
- The item not having been purchased at a discount;
- The original receipt from the purchase must be provided by the customer. A bank statement is not sufficient because it does not propoerly identify the item(s) bought, only that a purchase was made.
- Items from specific ranges and of certain types cannot be returned because of a change-of-mind or change-of-circumstance for the customer. These ranges and types include but are not limited to Charlie Bears, Little Gems, Fairy Girls, Clemens Bears, marionettes and plush 0-3 baby products for safety.
- Items purchased at a discount cannot be returned which includes but is not limited to items discounted by Geppetto's Workshop during a sale, items discounted at the request of the customer, damaged or shop-soiled items or items repaired.
- Items ordered specifically for the customer which we would not otherwise stock.
Because of the unique nature of our range, some returned items may incur a restocking fee which will be deducted from any refund given. This fee must be reasonable and reflect the true and fair costs to Geppetto's Workshop for the return of an item and the administrative cost of refunding. Such a fee is applied at the discretion of Geppetto's Workshop management and is non-negotiable and a condition of any refund offered.
Once an item is purchased, we typically reorder that item from our manufacturers. We can't cancel our orders, so at times we can't accept refunds. If 30 days have passed since your purchase, unfortunately we need to decline requests for refunds.
At the discretion of Geppetto's Workshop management, we may offer store credit for a returned item which is not eligible for a refund. This store credit is saved under the customer's name and may be used immediately or at a later date. Store credit is offered only under exceptional circumstances and may be reduced by the applicaiton or a restocking fee, similar to that applied for refunds described above.
A layby is a commitment to purchase and it requires administration and risk on our behalf. If a customer needs to cancel a layby, we are legally entitled and need to apply a cancellation fee of typically $25 per item on the layby. Most specifically, this is applied to the layby purchase of Charlie Bears.
In other circumstances and at the discretion of Geppetto's Workshop management, we may apply a single cancellation fee of typically $25 for the entire layby.
Our right to determine the applicable fee is based on the fair and reasonable costs that we incur from the layby and its cancellation. On occassions, the cancellation of a layby will incur a fee in excess of $25 where exceptional costs have been incurred by our company.
Where a customer has purchased an item that is being specifically ordered for them, Geppetto's Workshop refers to this as a Customer Back Order (CBO). Cancellation of a CBO must incur a $25 fee to cover the fair and reasonable costs Geppetto's Workshop has incurred, regardless of the progress of the order. The purchase of a Charlie Bear (pre-sale) prior to its manufacture and delivery is considered a CBO and each individual bear cancelled incurs this $25 fee.
If your order is damaged, contact us to request a refund. Please include your order number and photos of damaged items. If your request is approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 14 days.
Missing or Late Orders
A majority of orders will be delivered 10-20 business days after they are processed and shipped. Sometimes orders may experience shipping delays due to factors out of our control. If it has been longer than 20 business days, please contact us and we will help locate your order.
If your delivered order is incomplete, it may have been shipped in two separate packages, so please contact us to check.
Late or Missing Refunds
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. Next contact your bank because there is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.