Hand Puppet - Cockatoo
Bold, brave ... and very noisy!
The Souvenirs of Australia Cockatoo hand puppet has a hole size suitable for both adults and children. The size of the puppet also means that an adult's hand can utilize the thumb and pinky to animate its wings. Put this all together, and your bird can sit on your hand and screech, flap a bit and tell stories! We're surrounded by these birds up here in the hills, so we can attest to how accurately the puppet matches the appearance of a cockatoo.
This is one of our most popular puppets for visitors to the Dandenong Ranges ... and those who haven't been traumatized by cockatoos eating their house or tearing up their lawn looking for grubs! Great for story-telling, and great as a little travelling companion. Be brave, have a go ... don't let puppets intimidate you. Kids typically react very well to puppets, and we're happy to show you a few tricks.
Souvenirs of Australia puppets are so affordable they can be collected in sets for parents, educators and healthcare professionals. Puppetry itself fosters creativity, communication, and empathy in children, making learning enjoyable while enhancing social and emotional skills through imaginative play.
- Souvenirs of Australia - puppets makers for over 45 years
- Designed in Australia
- Educational outcomes
- Educational and just plain fun!
- Modular and flexible open ended play
- No packaging ... so no waste
- Suitable for use at home, storytelling with the kids
- Suitable for professionals in healthcare & education
- Safety standards : 3 yrs+ (AS/NZS ISO 8124.1:2023)
- What about 0-3 yrs : Only if supervised play
- Target age : 2-12 yrs (ideal developmental target)
- 28 x 20 x 5 cm (approx.)
- 150 grams (approx.)
- Keep clean by wiping it with a slightly damp cloth
- Can be machined washed (instructions on tag)
- Spot clean using a mild clothes detergent
- Sponge rinse then dab dry
- Keep out of prolonged exposure to direct sunlight
- Keep away from any direct heat sources