Hand Puppet - Galah
The cockatoo's gentle, pink cousin!
The Souvenirs of Australia Galah hand puppet has a hole size suitable for both adults and children. The size of the puppet also means that an adult's hand can utilize the thumb and pinky to animate its wings. Put this all together, and your bird can sit on your hand and tell stories of the bush!
The galah is a beautiful bird, and much quieter than its noisy cousin the cockatoo. We see lots of galahs in the Dandenong Ranges ... and our galah puppet is great for story-telling, and great as a little travelling companion. Be brave, have a go ... don't let puppets intimidate you. Kids typically react very well to puppets, and we're happy to show you a few tricks.
Souvenirs of Australia puppets are so affordable they can be collected in sets for parents, educators and healthcare professionals. Puppetry itself fosters creativity, communication, and empathy in children, making learning enjoyable while enhancing social and emotional skills through imaginative play.
- Souvenirs of Australia - puppets makers for over 45 years
- Designed in Australia
- Educational and just plain fun!
- Modular and flexible open ended play
- No packaging ... so no waste
- Suitable for use at home, storytelling with the kids
- Suitable for professionals in healthcare & education
- Safety standards : 3 yrs+ (AS/NZS ISO 8124.1:2023)
- What about 0-3 yrs : Only if supervised play
- Target age : 2-12 yrs (ideal developmental target)
- 28 x 20 x 5 cm (approx.)
- 150 grams (approx.)
- Keep clean by wiping it with a slightly damp cloth
- Can be machined washed (instructions on tag)
- Spot clean using a mild clothes detergent
- Sponge rinse then dab dry
- Keep out of prolonged exposure to direct sunlight
- Keep away from any direct heat sources