Hand Puppet - Wombat / AU made
The humble wombat, the forest nibbler!
The wombat is a beautiful, gentle creature that lives on the forest floor, munching on roots, grasses, plant shoots and tubors. The colour of this puppet is almost exactly what a real one can look like. Imagine yourself at bedtime, on a long trip, sitting at a cafe, or waiting in a queue ... your little wombat puppet crawls out of your bag and into your child's lap to reveal a few secrets or calming words. Be brave, have a go ... don't let puppets intimidate you. Kids typically react very well to puppets, and we're happy to show you a few tricks.
The Ocean Yuen collection of hand puppets includes a range of Australian animals. Designed and made right here in Australia, they make a great souvenir for visitors from overseas. The design of the wombat puppet also makes it suitable for use in a school, library or kinder environment for imaginative play and story telling! In particular, the thickness and quality of the fabric makes them superior to the souvenir-style puppets available.
The wombat puppet makes a great gift, and puppetry itself fosters creativity, communication, and empathy in children, making learning enjoyable while enhancing social and emotional skills through imaginative play.It's hole size is suitable for a small adult hand or child, and if you can reach, you can make its little wings flap!
- Australian owned and made, in Sydney
- They have expertise in puppets over 25 years
- Educational and just plain fun!
- Ideal size to fit child or small adult sized hands
- Suitable for use at home, storytelling with the kids
- Suitable for professionals in healthcare education
- Predominantly mixed polymer fabrics
- No packaging ... so no waste
- Safety standards : 3 yrs+ (AS/NZS ISO 8124.1:2023)
- What about 0-3 yrs : Only if supervised play
- Target age : 2-99 yrs (ideal developmental target)
- 28 x 20 x 5 cm (approx.)
- 200 grams (approx.)
- Keep clean by wiping it with a slightly damp cloth
- Spot clean using a mild clothes detergent
- Sponge rinse then dab dry
- Do not immerse in water or damage may occur
- Keep out of prolonged exposure to direct sunlight
- Keep away from any direct heat sources