Hand Puppet - Ned Kelly
A very controversial icon!
The Souvenirs of Australia Ned Kelly hand puppet has a hole size suitable for both adults and children. The size of the puppet also means that an adult's hand can utilize the thumb and pinky to animate its wings. Put this all together, and Ned can sit on your hand and tell stories of crime, freedom, rebellion and horse-rustling!
This is one of our most popular puppets for teachers and story tellers. Was he a crime gang leader or a freedom fighter? A few things are clear ... he was rebelellious, wore plate armour, and was hung by Victoria Police in Melbourne after a fire, a gun fight and his capture at the Glenrowan Hotel. You tell the story! Be brave, have a go ... don't let puppets intimidate you. Kids typically react very well to puppets, and we're happy to show you a few tricks.
Souvenirs of Australia puppets are so affordable they can be collected in sets for parents, educators and healthcare professionals. Puppetry itself fosters creativity, communication, and empathy in children, making learning enjoyable while enhancing social and emotional skills through imaginative play.
- Souvenirs of Australia - puppets makers for over 45 years
- Designed in Australia
- Educational outcomes
- Educational and just plain fun!
- Modular and flexible open ended play
- No packaging ... so no waste
- Suitable for use at home, storytelling with the kids
- Suitable for professionals in healthcare & education
- Safety standards : 3 yrs+ (AS/NZS ISO 8124.1:2023)
- What about 0-3 yrs : Only if supervised play
- Target age : 2-12 yrs (ideal developmental target)
- 28 x 20 x 5 cm (approx.)
- 150 grams (approx.)
- Keep clean by wiping it with a slightly damp cloth
- Can be machined washed (instructions on tag)
- Spot clean using a mild clothes detergent
- Sponge rinse then dab dry
- Keep out of prolonged exposure to direct sunlight
- Keep away from any direct heat sources